(HealthDay News) -- Though July 4th has passed, you may have some leftover fireworks.
Unfortunately, nearly 300 people in the United States end up in the emergency room each day at the height of the season due to fireworks mishaps, says the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
The CPSC offers this fireworks advice:
Never allow children to use fireworks.
Do not place any part of your body over fireworks when lighting the fuse.
Never re-light or pick up fireworks that have not fully ignited.
Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy at all times.